This is the only cannabis Thanksgiving recipe you’ll need to kick-off a very happy – and very green – holiday season.
In 2016, Chef Daniel Asher, co-owner of River and Woods in Boulder, CO, worked in partnership with The Farm to publish a delicious cannabis-infused stuffing recipe perfect for Thanksgiving. Asher’s Thoughtful Stuffing recipe is ideal for pairing with exceptional, small batch, craft cannabis and embodies his locally-sourced, zero-waste-focused, cooking method.
So, garb all those left-over ingredients like the dried cherries and medjool dates you used to make Vegan granola bars last week, and the half a zucchini you left in the crisper too long. Don’t forget about that old bag of potato chip on its way out. It’s time to for these passed-over items to shine!
Thoughtful Cannabis Thanksgiving Stuffing Ingredients
- 6 cups day old bread pieces – croissants and bagels will work too! Pieces should be about a 1/2 inch in size
- 4 cups organic vegetable stock
- 1 cup spiced apple cider
- 1/2 cup diced organic celery
- 1/2 cup diced organic carrots
- 1/2 cup diced organic red onion – you can use scallions too
- 2 cloves heirloom garlic, chopped
- 1 diced organic zucchini
- 1 cup mushrooms
- Mixed bouquet garni (bundle of herbs) that includes basil, sage, rosemary, thyme, oregano
- 1 cup assorted dried fruits like cranberries, cherries, golden raisins, currants and dates
- 1/2 cup nuts like pine, pistachios, almonds, cashews, walnuts
- Sea salt to taste
- 3/4 cups good olive oil, coconut oil, or ghee
- *Your comfortable amount of cannabis cooking oil to infuse the dish with THC
- 2 cups chip crumbs
- 2 cups assorted fridge leftovers
Directions for Thoughtful Cannabis Thanksgiving Stuffing
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
In a large cast iron pan over medium heat, warm choice of oil until glistening. Then, add celery, carrots, onions and sauté until onions become translucent. Add zucchini, mushrooms, and other vegetable scraps, dried fruits & garlic. Toss and sauté until vegetables are soft and make a hash. Then, add nuts and toss.
Add veg stock, apple cider, and submerge your satchel of herbs in the liquid Let this summer for 10 minutes. Add the bread scraps and combine so they’re well-coated with liquid. Press them down evenly so they look like a bread pudding.
Then, remove from stove-top and place in oven for 30 minutes. At this point, check stuffing to see if it’s cooked through and baked, cover with foil and bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove the pan from oven, pull out the bundle of herbs, and Sprinkle top with small chip pieces for texture and serve.
There you have it. Now you’re one step closer to a very happy, thoughtful, and green Thanksgiving. In the mood for dessert? Try these delicious cannabis edibles recipes. Looking for the best bud to smoke or infuse your cooking oils with? Visit us at Oasis Cannabis Superstore. We’ve got the biggest selection of marijuana, glass and cannabis edibles in the Denver Metro area.